Search This Blog

Monday, August 20, 2012

I know you are waiting...

I know you all are waiting for pictures of the house...but I am going to regale you with the last of 2011 and the beginning of 2012 first...baaaaaaahaaaaaaa!


I went to my Daughters house for the months of January, February and March...she lives in Georgia... I didn't want to leave!  I went from this...


To this...

 In 5 hours....GREEEEEEEEEENNNN!    Georgia is gorgeous...and WARM! Beautiful 75 degree January days....My Daughter and Grandkids and I had a wonderful time!

BUT...you have to go home sometime...went home to a leaking roof...and some other miscellaneous problems...SOOOOOOO...the Honey and I decided it was time to go make some money for these repairs...and to buy a piece of land in Georgia....so we could visit in the winter time....there are just things you cannot scrounge or find in piles...

We didn't want to go over the road again...we wanted somewhere you could make BIG money and then go home again...a few phone calls later...we ended up making plans to go to Wyoming...to the oilfields...we were both working in the oilfields when we met...so it was a big deja vu going back there...

Our first thought was how do you live somewhere and pay no rent...no utilities and don't have to drive back and forth to work? We settled on this...

It was sitting at the salvage yard...eight hundred bucks and lot's of bug spray later...we had a rent free home...we towed this piece to Wyoming and parked it in the yard of the oilfield company we were going to drive for...they hooked us up with free internet, sewer, water and electricity!  AND THIS...is my other summer home...

I live in this most of the time...I have two summer homes and live in a gated community! I am so much cooler on line! BAAAHAAA!

There is just something about this that makes my heart flutter...(don't mind the enormous bug on the window) the smell...the noise...it is very exciting to me...

This is what I used to do in the oilfield...


I am so very glad I don't do THIS anymore! huge physical labor...it makes me tired remembering it....and there are parking issues sometimes...

Yes...those are camels...they were "parked" in Colorado...who parks camels in a semi truck lot?


So yes...I am truck driving again...but I miss my garden and my hut...but there are blessings that are being sent my way...being in the right place at the right time? I got a 2000 Yukon Denali for FIVE HUNDRED BUCKS!  AND...my roof is being put on my house as I write this! so very happy about that!

10 comments:

  1. First of all, can I just say, that you look WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too young to be a grandma!

    You are so adventurous. Love how you are in the right place at the right time. You are making it happen!
    Yeah, can't wait to see the hut.
    Stay safe out there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to what Daisy said: look too young!

    I think it's great that there is work for you and you're not afraid to get out there and do it!
    It's paying the bills.
    So happy you got to see a taste of warmer winter months...and spend time with your family.
    Can't wait to see pictures of the house...for sure!
    ...take it easy, many blessings to you girl, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee Hee thanks ladies! I am blessed the camera does not show the crows feet...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa !!!!!!!!!!
    I'm so glad you are back !!!!!!
    I almost cried when I saw you had 4 new posts. It was almost like getting a letter from home. Wait a minute, Michigan is my "home". Even though I've lived all over the country it's still home to me.
    Your gardens and the skills you've gained in the past year are amazing.
    Can't wait for more of your adventures and pictures. BTW, you are just gorgous.
    Take care,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you back on line! Missed your interesting adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back to our world! I have to agree about a drilling rig. Glad the roof is being fixed. Am enjoying all the catching up!
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH Vanessa! so glad to see you! I am almost done working for this year and am so ready to go home! My neighbors have informed me that I have tomatoes and pumpkins growing all over the place! can you believe they survived the winter? and you know what the winters are like! HUGS HUGS HUGS!

    I just love all you guys! so good to see you again and can't wait to do some more catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a shame you don't have a donate button! I'd certainly donate to this outstanding blog! I guess for now i'll settle for
    bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.

    I look forward to new updates and will talk about this
    website with my Facebook group. Chat soon!
    Here is my page - www.michigan.gov/uia

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and insights!