Search This Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cottage Kitchen Wall VOTE...

Well, all of you pointed out what a charming addition plank walls would be to the kitchen...my dilemma? BLUE PAPER...but I have to concur with most of you...it is totally worth it.


After reading all your comments? I soooo appreciate you guys looking out for me!  I was a real DILETANTE when I first got this house, hopefully I have learned some things since then! We have decided to take down the dry wall in the kitchen...my first lesson was to clean everything and remove all furniture before I do this! that way? I can contain the ....da da DUH DA... the blue paper...and my wonderful Honey? He said he would do all the scraping this time if it bothered me...what a doll baby!

I started removing the drywall today and guess what? the blue paper stuck to the wall paper underneath...hardly any of it is on the wall...YAAAAY! and there is only ONE layer of wall paper!

I just had to show you the Mother of all wall paper underneath the drywall...





It was probably quite pretty in it's day but I can imagine if depression were an issue with the Lady of the house? She would go crazy...just this one wall darkened the kitchen so much it hurt my feelings!

I am so excited for the finished results of the cottage walls! Back to peeling, scraping....cussing...;)


10 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the "after" pix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your post out loud and my whole family is laughing at the "just this one wall darkened the kitchen so much it hurt my feelings!" [Sorry, we aren't nice, but THAT is funny]

    I think it was a good call on your part and it is going to be gorgeous. You are so inspiring.

    Can't wait to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Lisa..what a sweet comment you left on my blog. I loved reading your slipcover story about your pink 1980's wing..too funny. It did finally turn out lovely...you should be very proud.

    I'm on a roll now...spent today slipcovering an old beloved wing chair.

    Miss Mustard Seed has created a slipcovering monster!

    janet xox
    http://theemptynest-janet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skippy? I am laughing thinking about you laughing! I am so glad you read it as it was intended! I luh huv your sense of humor so I can imagine what you thought! Sometimes? the not so "nice" is funnier!

    Janet? You and I BOTH have become slipcovering monsters thanks to MMS! But I DO thank her! she is a genius! but what I said was true! and your chair? is EXCEPTIONAL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness! That bit about the wallpaper being depressing... it totally reminds me of this short story called "The Yellow Wallpaper" written by Charlotte Perkins Gilman back in the late 1800s. That's the entire premise of the story!

    I can't wait to see how your wall shapes up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. VintageWhimsy! I just looked up and read "The Yellow Wallpaper". Where in the world did you find that story? Well, we all know that
    Lisa isn't that delicate, or dare I say, nuts. Just in case, Lisa don't sleep in the kitchen with the depressing wall paper. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen anything in the wall paper, I promise! Just grimy wall paper, really! HEE HEE!
    that story was really creepy! I AM NOT SLEEPIN' in the kitchen Donna! I am glad you don't see me as having a "delicate" constitution, I didn't even gag when I cleaned out the refrigerators with two year old meat in it...LOL! I just love you guys! You make me smile...ALOT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW got to get me some of that! While you are on the subject of refrigerators. Where did you put yours? I saw it in one picture. Is that crazy because it is driving me crazy?
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  9. SANDI! YOU ARE SO FUNNY! My refrigerator is in the basement, it's always been there, since I got it! YOU are the only one that has ever noticed I don't have one in the kitchen...YOU DESERVE A PRIZE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so I didn't miss a corner of the room! Thanks I feel better now!
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and insights!