Search This Blog

Friday, August 6, 2010

The gift of neighbors...

Hi All...I just had to share with you what my neighbor does...she makes it look effortless...The other day she came over with a beautifully wrapped package. Inside were these...
A housewarming gift! A towel, potholder and wash cloth to match my kitchen!  The potholder is really thick, she crocheted over the top of quilting because I told her how hot my oven gets!







She also makes these:

She knits and crochets her own appliques to put on them...some have pom pom's on the top! I just couldn't resist buying some for my grand kids and she is making me mittens and scarves to match! 10 bucks a set! Can you believe that? This will be the first time in the history of Lisa Time that I have EVER had my Christmas shopping even remotely done by Christmas Eve!

Considering that this is the "hat" I made for her daughter? I think I got the better end of the stick!


She was so fascinated with the duck feathers she was finding in the yard! She just could not contain her excitement when I told her we could make her a "Pocahantas Hat" and she could be Pocahontas for the day...She never took it off, not once in the course of six hours...

I was so touched by my neighbors generosity and her kindness! To have a one of a kind, made for me and my kitchen gift was heart warming. Bread baking here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and insights!